Welcome to Saint Vincent de Paul Church in Denver, Colorado!
If you are interested in registering with our parish, click here!
The parish of St. Vincent de Paul was officially established on March 1, 1926, by Bishop J. Henry Tihen of Denver. Fr. Francis W. Walsh was named as the first pastor and the the first combination church-school building was erected on the corner of South Josephine St and Arizona Avenue. In the late 1940's under the leadership of then pastor, Fr. Eugene O'Sullivan, work began on the present church, gym, cafeteria, and rectory (now parish offices). The first Mass in the new church was celebrated on Christmas of 1952, and the formal dedication was held on February 11th 1953.
St. Vincent de Paul (1580 to 1660) is the universal patron of all works of charity. "The poor, the sick, the old, the young, the insane, the galley slaves, starving peasants, wounded and dying soldiers - all were objects of his pity." He was canonized in 1737, and his feast is observed on the twenty-seventh day of September. St. Vincent de Paul Parish was established in his honor.